Skip to main content

Sleep apnea, The Dangerous Killer No One Expects!

I never heard of this issue called Sleep Apnea a few years ago when I was a lot more younger and
Virile.

I have seen people snore my Dad snores and I have seen a few uncles who did as well. But it never occurred to me that something as simple as snoring can be really bad for anyone to have.

I have this uncle who snored like a monster and times he would stop breathing while sleeping and I would hear the air pushing hard to get out to a point that it would wake him up from a deep sleep.

I never really paid much attention to Sleep Apnea until several years ago when I got diagnosed. I did not notice that I had Sleep Apnea until I married my now Wife. 

She would constantly complain about how loud my snoring was and at times on how i would stop breathing. 

She would plead with me to get checked for that.

Of course being as stubborn as I am I did not go until she one day recorded me without knowing. I was with my baby daughter sitting down while she laid on the chest. I remember seeing how my head would nod back and forth until I fell asleep. 

How I would wake up and doze off and wake up again. Mind you in my mind I did not feel anything as if I was doing that. In my mind i still felt  alert and awake. 

In reality I was not! I was so tired and would wake up constantly at night never really getting a decent nights sleep. 

As time passed It got worse and not only was I falling asleep at home, I was falling asleep at work! Thankfully there were people there who would tap on my cubicle wall to wake me up!

It was embarrassing!

One time I was in the middle of typing up an email when I feel asleep! Yes i fell asleep and when I'm woke up it's a half hour later and when I looked at my screen I had a million "R" rolling down the email. 

Sleep Apnea is no joke folks!

Not only that my wife kicked me out of our room because of my snoring. It was like that for 3 months before I gave in and accepted that I had a problem. My wife then proceeded to call a Doctor to check me and when he did he agreed that I had Sleep Apnea.

I asked him why did this happen to me? He told me that a lot of people suffer from Sleep Apnea. Most people develop it through being overweight. Unfortunately I'm overweight which is the reason why I developed it.

Don't think that Sleep Apnea attacks only those people who are overweight as there are many healthy people who have it as well.

If you feel as if you have Sleep Apnea please get checked for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whatever Happened to Self-Reliance?

I don't know but I noticed especially now that Self-Reliance is something that is no longer taught or revered. It's like we have become so conditioned to depend on others and on things that we just can't see how to do it on our own.
Every animal in this planet is Self-Reliant in one form or another. They learn to find food, breed, fight and at times kill so that they can live another day. This self-reliance is something that is bred and conditioned into every species. 
When animals are first born some depend on others for their survival until they are strong enough to go out or are forced out on their own. 
Unfortunately, we have forgotten to teach our children about self reliance. It's like many young people including older adults are totally useless on their own. It's like we are like little kids but in adult bodies.
We bitch and moan how unfair life is not or even knowing that we are the only ones that can change it. Yet we depend on strangers to help us with everyt…

Holy Crap! I became a Father to a Baby Girl!

This is the story of a man who finally had to realize that he needed to start taking his life seriously!
Several years ago I got married to my now Wife. During that time we had loads of fun! We traveled, went out dancing and eating. 
Life was good and I did not have a care in the world!
I used to think about how married people complained so much about the responsibility you have to accept when you get married. Since my life was going good I figured those people were just crazy and angry.
They probably married the wrong person which is why their relationship sucked which is what I thought at the time.
Then the bomb was dropped!
My wife became Pregnant with our child. I remember when she told me about it how happy I was but deep inside it felt like a large boulder fell on my head! 
Like most people I ignored the problem.
But as the baby grew larger and larger and she began to show I started to become paranoid! I started to wonder if I had what it takes to be a good Father. My mind was racing wi…

When Those You Love Turn Out to be the Enemy.

The other day it was 10:00 pm when all of a sudden my wife got a text from my Sister-in-Law. Figuring something might have happened since her Husband my brother was away serving his country I'm thinking she needed help.
Nah! It was the opposite!
All of a sudden as the texts rolled in from her. My wife got upset because those texts were reprimanding me and my wife. Saying that We are there to put a division between her and my brother. 
In reality I really don't give a shit! 
What benefit is there for me to try to separate you and my brother? There is no benefit for me at all so why would we waste our time doing something so stupid.
I have been nothing but trying to be in their life. If they needed help or what ever I would extend my hand out to help. But they are so secretive!
Me and my wife have tried many times to invite them out to eat. They don't even have to pay!! But every time we would get the same excuse for them not coming.
Not only that when I was in NY and would find out…